What are good topics for a memoir?
- Your favorite place.
- Your best or worst day(s)
- Your most memorable teacher(s)
- Your most prized possession.
- Someone you will always remember.
- Something about your life or yourself you wish you could change.
- Your proudest moment.
What are the 5 parts of a memoir?
- A focused theme. Your memoir should have an overarching theme, takeaway lesson, or message for your readers.
- Writing style.
- Use supporting stories and details.
- Storytelling elements.
What are memoir questions?
- For the person who chose this book: What made you want to read it?
- What do you think motivated the author to share his or her life story?
- Do you think the author is trying to elicit a certain response from the reader, such as sympathy?
What is a good starting sentence for a memoir? Here are some examples of memoir openings that make the readers smile: “When I was nine, I wrote a vow of celibacy on a piece of paper and ate it.” – Not That Kind of Girl, by Lena Dunham. “I was born in the house I built myself with my own two hands.